Posts tagged art
Posts tagged art
Acrylic // West Vancouver, BC Canada
· My mother and father for laying the foundation of a beautiful family for me to be apart of. You two inspire me daily with the commitment that you have for each other. I am blown away by your capacity to radiate such a beautiful energy to all those in which you come into contact with. I am blessed to be your daughter and inspired to share this love and commitment with the family that I will one day create.
· My sisters for being true to who they are and shinning in all walks of life and touching those around them. Georgia I am so proud of the project that you created this summer. It is so beautiful to see you shinning in the work that you do, with such ease and grace. You are so beautiful and I am truly inspired by you to allow my creative energy to flow. Emma, thank you for being the gorgeous light of a young woman that you are. You bring such love and warmth into our family. I strive to take that feeling, hold it, and share it with those around me.
2. People that I look up to. Loved ones, beautiful young families.
· Jon, my life partner, I thank you for gracing me with your presence and making a commitment to walk with me, hand in hand, for the rest of this journey. I am speechless for how thankful I am for you and I am inspired by the kindness that you emit to all who you come into contact with. You have such a soft heart, filled with love, and I am eternally grateful to be able to be apart of that love.
3. Mother Nature
· Thank you for giving me life. Thank you for filling my lungs with this beautiful air that I breathe. You give me the strength each day to do the things that I love. I will be forever grateful for the beauty that you have created for us. It brings me tears of joy to be lost in this gorgeous landscape that surrounds us all.
· Music evokes such a feeling of inspiration inside of me. It makes me want to move, smile, and dance like no body’s watching. I am incredibly inspired by those in which music flows. It is incredible to see spirit flow through them and allow these beautiful sounds to be created and shared.
· Above all I am thankful for art. I believe that almost everything in life can be credited as art. The beautiful colors in nature around us, the music that fills our ears, the dance of life in which we are all apart of. Thank you to the universe for instilling this artistic need within us to create. To make paintings, to make music, to make love…
Considering that these five things are my major sources of inspiration, I plan on immersing myself in daily activities that involve these inspirations. I want to circulate this energy and feeling of joy in every aspect of my life.
One of the most beautiful things in life to me is seeing people that are full of joy. It is the happiness and love that radiates from another, which brings true inspiration in my life. I strive to be that person for people. It is my way to give back and say thank you to all of those people that have brought this light into my life; pass it on, pay it forward, give service to others.
Taking part in activities that give service to others is such a wonderful way to feel joyous. No one can take that away from you, unlike material goods. Make a commitment today to give something to someone. Whether it is a smile, a flower or even a hug. Nothing is too big or small. And in return accept the gifts that are being offered to you. Only when we allow the energy to flow through all areas of life will be surrounded by abundance and happiness. Imagine life as a river, it is constantly moving. Even if there is a rock in the water, the power of the river will move it along. So don’t allow the energy in your life to become stagnate. Allow it to flow and bring things into your life in which bring service and happiness to you.
In the training that I am undergoing with the Chopra Center, I am learning about the asanas and the history of yoga, as well adding a modern element to it. As a student of the Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga, I learn one law per day. The course works in conjunction with the Seven Spiritual Laws, a book written by Deepak Chopra. This commitment that you will make today builds on the Law of the Day, which for Tuesday is the Law of Giving and Receiving.
So now, I ask you to make a list, of all the things and people that inspire you most. And make a commitment to yourself to be surrounded by these inspirations as often as possible. Allow that inner light within you to shine.
“Shine like you struck gold my wayward son”. Josh Garrels